5 – 14 March 2022
Artist participation process for SCULPTURE Bermagui (SB)
Changes to EOI – Entry Process
Sculpture Bermagui has made the decision to move to a single step entry process for the 2022 Exhibition.
We will only be requiring artists to submit the formal Competition Entry Form, not the Expression of Interest form.
The purpose of the EOI has been to provide early advice to artists to allow them to refine their submissions to ensure that they would be accepted into the exhibition. The curator will now be distributing to artists through our website clear guidelines and judging criteria for works to be accepted.
We are committed to supporting all artists who are thinking of entering in 2022 and are available to provide advice on the guidelines and judging criteria at any time from the present until entries close on 29/01/22
Emerging and Established Artists
- Ingenuity of concept (Fresh point of view)
- Development of idea (Clarity of thought)
- Communication of idea
- Composition (Design)
- Suitability of Materials (including safety)
- Readiness for Display
- Standard of Finish (Technique / Workmanship)
*Presentation of photographic image is vital for the selection
committee to be able to make decisions
- Consistent standard with other work
Suitability for Public Display (OH&S)
Entry & Agreement (online) – as of late November 2021
- A call for Entries is sent to the artists of the Official Selection (Finalists)
- Finalists submit an Entry form including complete detail of finished work/s, including:
- Artist’s statement (25 words max)
- Full details of completed work/s for catalogue
- At least one high quality image/s of work to be entered for promotion of the work
- Request for transport subsidy, if desired.
- Instructions for installation (bump in) and deinstallation (bump out) or collection of unsold work/s
- Special requirement, if any, including access to use a crane
- Nomination of time of delivery and pickup (if needed) of work to and from venue
- Finalists submit an Agreement with:
- Details of their payment of Entry fee/s
- Personal bank details for future use by SB to pay artists for work sold
- Their signed undertaking to comply with required documents: Guidelines and Terms & Conditions, Artist Risk Management
- Once all necessary information has been received, Finalists are notified of their successful entry.
- Requests for transportation are addressed according to SB protocol.
Any questions? Please contact our Curator – email@example.com
Good to Know for 2022
- Space to exhibit 160 sculptures from across Australia and beyond – 65 Indoor, 95 Outdoor
- Outdoor works exhibited on magnificent Dickinson Point headland and Dickinson Park foreshore
- Indoor works to be curated in the Bermagui Surf Lifesaving Club
- Average attendance of over 10,000 visitors across both venues
- Continued healthy overall sales
- Highest single sale of $17,000
- Increased cash prizes and awards
- Overall sales of 40% of exhibition – plus 18+ new works commissioned
- Live music on the foreshore on both weekends
- ‘Artists’ Talk’ and ‘Talk about art?!’ workshops
- New Indoor venue of Bermagui Surf Club was huge success
- Around 11,000 visitors to exhibition
Watch the Program page for 2022 highlights
How to apply
To assist you in supporting your practice and preparing to exhibit your work, you may find some of this information helpful:
– Applications for Small Project Grants (Quick Response) are open. Click HERE for full details
The National Association for the Visual Arts (NAVA) leads advocacy, policy and action for a contemporary Australian arts sector that’s ambitious and fair.
– where you can get all the information, training, support and help needed to work for yourself in the creative and cultural industries.
South East Arts is the regional arts and cultural development organisation covering the Bega Valley, Eurobodalla and Snowy Monaro council areas. We actively support the ongoing development of, and participation in, arts and culture throughout the NSW South East region.
South East Arts staff are available to help artists, arts organisations and community groups to apply for arts related grants and to assist in finding funding opportunities. Please contact us if you need assistance or advice. https://www.southeastarts.org.au/grants