15th Annual Exhibition
Friday 6 to Sunday 14 March 2021
2021 Prize winners – CONGRATULATIONS!
BVSC Acquisitive Prize – #55 Overwind – Richard Moffatt
SCULPTURE Bermagui Award – #10 Critical interface 2020 –
Bermagui Business Award – #5 Crevice – Robert Barnstone
Cox Family Acquisitive Prize – #54 Sacred 12 – Jen Mallinson
Rob & Sally Hawkins Acquisitive Prize – #121 Voices of Summer – Jen Mallinson
Heasty & Balos Acquisitive Prize – #122 Over the edge – Jen Mallinson
Category: On the other side #18 Witness #2 – Gary Christian
Bermagui Beach Hotel Publican Choice – #43 That Sinking feeling –
Peter ‘Beetle’ Collins Memorial Acquisitive Prize – #60 Crossing Paths – David Perkins
SE Arts Achievement Prize for Local Artist – #76 Social Gathering – Edward Willson
And, the winners of People’s and Children’s Choice prizes are…
- Bermagui Country Club People’s Choice Prize for an Outdoor Sculpture $2,000 – #1 Open water – Sam Anderson
- Bega Cheese Limited People’s Choice Prize for an Indoor Sculpture $1,000 – #139 Picasso’s African Woman – Vince Vozzo
- Carol Ladd Children’s Choice $500 – #103 The Couple – Stephen Harrison
Note: The Wilma Enabling Award will be distributed over the year to run workshops in schools.
However, this prize has been extended this year to include $500 to go to our Youth exhibitor, Jordan Tarlinton.
We can reveal that these details have been confirmed! A record prize and awards pool valued at $39,600 in cash plus $1,400 in-kind
GOOD TO KNOW for 2022
- Space to exhibit over 160 sculptures from across Australia and beyond
- Outdoor works exhibited on magnificent Dickinson Point headland and Dickinson Park foreshore
- Indoor works to be curated in the Bermagui Surf Lifesaving Club
- Average attendance of over 10,000 visitors across both venues
- Continued healthy overall sales
- Highest single sale of $17,000
- Increased cash prizes and awards
- Overall sales of 39% of exhibition – plus 18+ new works commissioned
- Live music on the foreshore on both weekends
- ‘Artists’ Talk’ and ‘Talk about art?!’ workshops
- New Indoor venue was huge success
- Around 11,000 visitors to exhibition
Watch the Program page for 2022 highlights
How to Apply
Entry for SCULPTURE Bermagui 2021 is now closed!
Artists who submitted and EOI and now part of the Official Selection are invited to submit an Entry & Agreement form online by 29 January 2021. See tab to the right.
Note: On submitting an Entry & Agreement form, artists commit to pay relevant entry fees and be familiar with our Guidelines and Terms & Conditions, as well as our Risk Management Plan, also available soon. Thanks for your interest in our exhibit 6 – 14 March 2021.
Site Plan (for Outdoor sculptures only and optional): Please download the Site Plan, mark on it your preferred site/s for your work/s, then submit with your Entry & Agreement. This does not guarantee we can place your work where you indicate, though it is a guide.
To assist you in preparing for our and other exhibitions, you may find this helpful:
CreateNSW – Applications for Small Project Grants (Quick Response) are open. Click HERE for full details
– where you can get all the information, training, support and help needed to work for yourself in the creative and cultural industries.